Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Instructions: Review the following articles and, based on your review, answer questions 1-10 from Sections 1 & II. Develop your answers to these questions before you begin the assessment. Once you are ready with the answers, begin the quiz and type or copy your answers in one attempt. There is no word limit for each answer. However, be sure to include key areas to get full credit. Each question is worth 5 points (Total Points: 10 questions x 5 = 50 points).
Qualitative Article: Temple, J., Miller, M. M., Banford Witting, A., & Kim, A. B. (2017). “We walk on eggshells”: A phenomenological inquiry of wives’ experiences of living with active-duty marine husbands with PTSD. Journal of Family Social Work, 20(2), 162. doi:10.1080/10522158.2017.1279579
Quantitative Article: McLean, S. A., Wertheim, E. H., Masters, J., & Paxton, S. J. (2017). A pilot evaluation of a social media literacy intervention to reduce risk factors for eating disorders. The International Journal of Eating Disorders, 50(7), 847-851. doi:10.1002/eat.22708 [doi]
Systematic Review Article. Collese, T. S., Nascimento-Ferreira, M. V., de Moraes, Augusto Cesar Ferreira, Rendo-Urteaga, T., Bel-Serrat, S., Moreno, L. A., & Carvalho, H. B. (2017). Role of fruits and vegetables in adolescent cardiovascular health: A systematic review. Nutrition Reviews, 75(5), 11. doi:10.1093/nutrit/nux006
Section 1. Review the quasi-experimental study entitled, “A pilot evaluation of a social media literacy intervention to reduce risk factors for eating disorders” and the phenomenological article entitled, “We walk on eggshells”: A phenomenological inquiry of wives’ experiences of living with active duty Marine husbands with PTSD.” Based on your review, answer the following questions.
- As you read the content, do you see more differences or similarities in these articles? Explain.
- In your opinion, why is the quantitative research study titled “A pilot evaluation of a social media literacy intervention to reduce risk factors for eating disorders” labeled as quasi-experimental research, instead of experimental research? Explain.
- In the quasi-experimental article, on pg. 849, the author has mentioned the term “measures.” In other words, those were the outcome measures after implementing the social media literacy program. Outcome measures (outcome variables) are known as dependent variables. As a student researcher, you would be interested in knowing the meaning of treatment or intervention (independent) variable(s). Describe the independent and dependent variable(s) used by the researcher in this study.
- The research study article titled “We walk on eggshells” A phenomenological inquiry of wives’ experiences of living with active duty Marine husbands with PTSD” has used a phenomenological approach. In your opinion, did the researcher use the right research approach vs. other qualitative approaches? Describe in relation to other approaches OF qualitative studies.
- Review the steps of the research process in module 2 and module 3 in Sakai and from Grove, Gray & Burns textbook (Chapters 2, 3). Examine the steps in relation to the quasi-experimental article (A pilot evaluation of a social media literacy intervention to reduce risk factors for eating disorders). Did the author deviate from the steps of research process? Explain.
- Explain in your own terms how the results/analyses sections are different in these two (quantitative and qualitative) articles.
Section II. Review the systematic review article titled, “Role of fruits and vegetables in adolescent cardiovascular health: a systematic review” and answer the following questions.
- What was the purpose/rationale for the systematic review? Was the rationale and importance for the review stated in relation to previous research and reviews? Explain.
- Did the author use a P-I-C-O research question to guide the systematic review? Based on the EBP module review, mention the PICO components that you infer from this article.
- What databases and resources were used for retrieving the data? Was the search strategy adequate and appropriate for the review question?
- What were the inclusion/exclusion criteria for selecting studies in generating high level of evidence? Why do researchers include inclusion/exclusion criteria in systematic reviews?
We offer the best essay writing services to students who value great quality at a fair price. Let us exceed your expectations if you need help with this or a different assignment. Get your paper completed by a writing expert today. Nice to meet you! Want 15% OFF your first order? Use Promo Code: FIRST15. Place your order in a few easy steps. It will take you less than 5 minutes. Click one of the buttons below.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper